An Interview WIth Dean Cain!


"Doing this show for the first time here in Burbank and I have done the autograph signing venue a couple times.” Dean continues with a bright smile, “… I am so happy when people just come over to say ‘hi’! It’s so great. And that they even care enough to even want to meet me or let alone get an autograph from me. It's very flattering to me. The people are so nice.”
Busy running from set to set, Dean talks of working all the time. “I’m currently doing the NBC show Stars Earn Stripes, and I’m shooting “Bloopers” a Dick Clark Production that is syndicated. I am hosting a modern version of America’s Funniest Home Videos, the stuff off the internet and more.” Cain explains.
“Having a 12-year-old son who has his friends over for sleep-overs ...what are they doing…watching the videos on the internet laughing their heads off. So we take all those videos and put them together in a ‘family friendly’ way,” Dean describes his new  ‘Blooper’ show.
About being a single father to his now 12 year-old son Christopher (named after Dean’s father), “People ask me all the time…what do you do? Well, I say I am a father first….and then I do this…and  I do that --- cause that’s my favorite thing in the world is to be a dad. Hopefully the best dad I can be.” Christopher’s mother was Dena’s former girlfriend Playboy Playmate Samantha Torres.
How does Dean exercise ‘Parental Control’ on his soon-to-be teenager? “My version of Parental Control is being there, being aware, and watching the kids and saying – what are you watching?
“I know who I am and that I have a 12 year-old son. I’m a single dad so I have to raise my 12 year-old by myself. I make him breakfast, I make him lunch, I make him dinner, I drive him to school, I pick him up and I am there for him,” Dean says with more than a glimmer of pride.
When you speak with Dean, you can’t help thinking how humble and thoughtful he is with his fans and I asked him about being so strongly identified with the Icon that is Superman. “I know some people don’t like that, being associated with one role, but when I see people identify people  like “Ross” from Friends (David Schwimmers character), I think that’s cool. If people want to identify me with a specific character,  that’s fine with me. But if I wasn’t working, I might have a problem of being identified with that one character.”
“But I’ve done a 100 movies since then,” proudly Cain states, “…and I’ve got hundreds and hundreds of hours of television and if at these signings they see me as Superman – that’s great! I love it. I understand it. I’m happy with it and I appreciate their affection.”
Would he consider doing more of these autograph shows?  “Yes, absolutely – time permitting,” Cain proclaims. “The people here at this Burbank Hollywood Autograph Show have been so nice….so much fun!”
“Doing this kind of thing is like a vacation to me. This Autograph Show is amazing. The people are amazing. For me it’s a wonderful opportunity to say hello and get a lot of feedback from the fans….it’s great….and I got to meet and chat with people like Henry Winkler (The Fonz) himself,” Cain describes his adventures on the floor of the ballroom, “How cool is that?”

Comments

Popular Posts