Dean Cain Talks Batman VS Superman Casting


After some rather interesting casting choices, former-Superman, Dean Cain thinks we should give 'Batman vs. Superman' a chance…
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No… it's a very '90s Superman who's getting behind director Zack Snyder's casting decisions for the upcoming 'Batman vs. Superman'. But while Dean Cain is rather pleased with his successor, what does he think about Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot? It looks as though he thinks we all need to calm down and give them a chance before we write them off…
In an interview with HenryCavill.org, the 47-year-old former-Superman reveals that he's pleased with Henry Cavill's take on the all-American hero… and he thinks we shouldn't be so quick to judge when it comes to Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot.
"Ben Affleck is a fantastic film maker," he said. "And he's a very good actor and I think people should not judge him being cast in that role before he plays it. And I think that Gal is smokin' hot! That's the reason I'll go see the movie. [laughs] She is stunning."
"I defend Ben," he added. "I will completely defend him until I see the final product."
Of course, casting Ben Affleck as Batman was a controversial move and has already been met with some backlash. But Dean Cain knows exactly what that's like.
"The internet was in its infancy back 107 years ago when I played Superman," he explained. "No, we didn't get that immediate feedback but one of the funniest things I heard was, 'We wanted Superman not Sushi-man'."
But what did Dean think of Henry Cavill's performance in 'Man of Steel'?
"I thought Henry did a great job," he said. "It's a completely different incarnation of the character than anything that I played or anything that I'd seen before on film or television. I think an alien not fitting in here on Earth in a more lonely brooding incarnation he was fantastic! The things we did on Lois & Clark were the romance and the lightness and that's certainly not what 'Man of Steel' had in it. I think Henry did a great job and I look very much forward to seeing this next version and how it continues to evolve."
Obviously, there's been plenty of talk about how the controversial ending will affect Clark Kent in the subsequent movies… and I can't help thinking that Zod's death will be a big part of the continued evolution of Superman. But will that be a major theme in the upcoming 'Batman vs. Superman'? For now, we'll just have to wait and see.
Do you think Dean Cain has a point? Who was your favourite Superman - Dean Cain or Henry Cavill? Let us know what you think in the comments below…

Comments

Popular Posts